Higher Education Fund
Introduction of the Fund
In order to improve the quality of higher education, it is necessary to establish mechanisms institutionally, so as to ensure the input of public resources in higher education, guarantee equal opportunities to receive higher education and to provide macro-policy guidance for the development of institutions, thereby promoting healthy competition between institutions. Meanwhile, long-term and stable financial supports for developmental projects of higher education institutions are provided, so as to create favourable conditions for the entire optimization of the quality of higher education in Macau.
The establishment of the Higher Education Fund aims to support the activities of higher education institutions; provide funding to higher education institutions for the construction of facilities and the purchase of equipment; provide funding for the academic research projects; grant award or provide financial support for teaching or academic research staff in higher education; grant scholarship, loan, financial aid, and other financial assistance to higher education students; support activities organized by associations or other relevant organizations which represent higher education students; provide funding for projects aimed at improving and optimizing the quality of higher education; provide funding for implementing and operating the higher education quality evaluation system; provide support for activities that promote the development of higher education.
- Learning Material Subsidy for Higher Education Students
- Postgraduate Scholarships (FES)
- Subsidy for higher education student activities
- Subsidy Scheme for Macao Higher Education Institutions
- Subsidy Scheme for Macao Higher Education Teaching and Research Staff Professional Development
- Specialized Subsidy Scheme for Training of Bilingual Talents of Chinese and Portuguese Languages and Cooperation of Education and Research for Macao Higher Education Institutions